What is the New P90 workout?
The new P90 workout is an easy level DVD workout created for you to work out and get fit within a time frame of 90 days! With specific exercise routines that are of the duration from an easy 25 minutes to 45 minutes.
The routines vary so you will find the workout more interesting each time you try it at a new phase! The routines will be from disciplines such as Yoga, Cardio, Resistance Strength Training – this workout will be the most interesting workout you will ever try! And you have the goal of 90 days to get closer to your personal fitness goals to keep you motivated. And of course, you can keep doing the new P90 exercises once you finish after 90 days, so you stay fit!
If you are looking for a way to start a fitness routine, then the new P90 workout review can help you find what you are looking for. If you want an advanced fitness option then scroll down to the P90X workout review.
Who is the New P90 suitable for?
The new P90 workout is designed to make a workout accessible for anyone to try.
By anyone we mean:
• People who are new to working out
• People who have attempted other workouts but didn’t keep going with the workout (maybe because it was too boring!)
• People who do not want to do a high level, intensive workout
• People who are in recovery after injuries, or who have previously been injured and can’t find the right workout
• People who used to work out, but have not worked out for a while
• People who want to look fit and beautifully toned, but who don’t want to push it too hard or go through difficult workouts
• People who are actually fit, but can’t quite find the right workout to keep themselves fit
The improvement for beginners will be noticeable yet easily achievable, as the workouts will gradually improve your current abilities and levels of fitness each day.
Difference between the New P90 vs P90X?
The new P90 workout and the P90X both are 90 day workouts. The P90X workout is designed for a greater intensity of workout, so if you are a beginner, when you try the new P90 workout you will find it easier to keep up with the video workouts.
The new P90 workout is the least intense workout that you can try in the series available from Beachbody, with a series of 3 different phases of exercises to gradually build fitness, increase cardiovascular stamina, tone muscles, strengthen your abdominal core and to reduce fat. It will allow for your body to start on a long term fitness path, and you can achieve the body that you had never thought possible before!
The P90X workout has a unique training technique, known as Muscle Confusion™, which utilises new moves and new routines to create a more ripped physique effectively. P90X also incorporates different body goal structures within the 3 Phases of the 90 day workout schedule. The workouts are of a longer duration than the new P90.
You can find more detail below about the new P90 and the P90X and choose the workout that you are most happy with suited to your specific fitness goals.
7 Reasons why you should do the P90 workout
1. The convenience of a home workout at a time that suits you. You only need a water bottle, a set of suitably weighted dumbbells, and a towel.
2. A DVD is portable, you can take it anywhere with you, and use your laptop outside to do the P90 workout if you feel comfortable with that.
3. Workouts are short but effective, with less intensity than a typical workout DVD.
4. Each move has a modifier, so you can still exercise even with injuries. A great program for recovery, to help rebuild lost muscle from atrophy and rebalance your body.
5. A blend of exercises that improve agility, balance, strength, flexibility and also include cardio style workouts. To have a strong body will allow you more freedom, if you work out properly, you will be able to sit comfortably for long periods at the computer to work. You can stretch out your body with the P90 workout and strengthen your core to alleviate back and neck problems and aches and pains. A great relief after work, or before, that is also energising.
6. Some of the traditional exercise disciplines such as Pilates, Aerobics, Yoga, Athletics, Strength Training, Cardio, Gymnastics are used within the workouts for P90. The techniques vary, to keep your interest and to allow your mind and body to follow the principles of each discipline.
7. An easy to follow nutrition plan is also included to assist you to gain your optimum personal level of health and fitness. To maintain a healthy diet is essential to maintaining your weight and to having enough energy to do the workouts and also to keep going throughout your day.
P90 results you can expect
A beginner can expect to lose 20 to 40 pounds as they progress through the new P90 workouts.
Gain muscle definition, if you are really into the program you will expect to gain more muscle mass, or build upon the muscles that you already have.
With the new P90 workout you can expect to be stronger, faster, more agile, gain more flexibility and have better coordination and balance than ever before.
Expect to go a little out of your comfort zone, but only partially over the boundaries, as the new P90 workout is uniquely designed to be an easier going workout. It s not strenuous, and you will find that you can keep up easily and you can even modify your weights and repetitions to suit your level of fitness.
Performance of every move should be expected, even if you start with the modifications and work your way to the moves that will work you out the most.
You can expect to find better sleeping patterns, an improved immune system and also the way that you feel every day will pick up a lot.
And also, expect to have a whole lot of enjoyment!
P90 Workout Phases Review
– Phase A
Sculpt A is the starting point of the workout. With some resistance training and simple resistance moves included to sculpt and tone your whole body. You can start off with this and build upon it as you become more fit.
Sweat A makes you sweat. Cardio routines to work your body that also add in resistance moves. Designed to ignite your body to begin to lose fat after only doing the workout a few times.
Ab Ripper A is the beginning point for abs. Tony will guide you through for the easiest ab routines to start to create a strong core. You will notice a difference in your posture as you begin to build a solid core.
– Phase B
Sculpt B is all about building up on repetitions including resistance training. Endurance of your muscles will be put to the test and you are sure to gain some muscle definition as you go along. It is a more difficult workout, but because you have done Phase A, you are ready to do it.
Sweat B takes you to a higher level of cardio fitness. You have to work hard, sweat even more than Sweat A, and learn the routines that become a little more involved yet easy to master.
Ab Ripper B is gonna test you with more difficult and ab moves. Your abs will look so amazing as you work on them, you will enjoy this workout as you know it can really build those abs and core strength from when you started with the first Ab Ripper A workout.
– Phase C
Sculpt C will work your muscles into solid definition. Tony does make you work more, the routines are more intense, but it is actually much more enjoyable (I think so, anyway). Push your limits and really sculpt your figure.
Sweat C can make you work on your cardio fitness as you never have before. Because you have built up to it with Cardio A and B, you will still find it achievable. Your fat will melt away.
Ab Ripper C is the toughest ab routine of P90 workout. It is going to define your abs and make you work for them. If you want a six pack, then work up to it with the first two, and you can get it with this workout.
Take 100% more off your body fat, when you do something rather than nothing! The discounted workout to do when you don’t have time. It will work your entire body and give it all the good benefits and save you your precious time.
P90 Equipment needed?
• A set of dumbbells (the supplied resistance band may be used instead)
• A towel (to catch all that sweat!)
• A mat
• A water bottle (or something to keep hydrated)
• Space to work out
• Your pledge to yourself to work hard! (a vital thing to bring along)
Tips to complete the P90 program
Keep to the workouts in order from Phase A to Phase C. If you try to do a harder workout before your muscles are ready it will not work for you. The workouts are designed by Tony to be done section by section.
Keep your room temperature a little on the cool side, as you will get hot when you work out and don’t want to pass out. Don’t do what I did, when I worked out before in a warm room and was totally dizzy and too hot. Keep the tropics for your holidays when you will look great in your swimsuit (a beach body! The name says it all.)
Trust Tony. He will guide you expertly, and if you keep to the program you won’t put a foot wrong.
Give it all you have got, every time. You can make it happen for yourself when you focus completely on your P90 goals and each workout. Don’t stop to think about it, just get into it and give it your best shot.
What is included in the P90 workout package?
DVD’s with 9 workouts (Cardio, Sculpt, and Ab Ripper through each of the 3 phases) designed for you to work through systematically as you progress through each Phase (A,B, and then C) plus a bonus workout.
– “How to hit it” tutorial
– An easy to follow Nutrition plan
– A special 4 step power plan (Tony’s surprise gift to you)
– Workout Calendar 90 days to go with each day of your P90 workouts. Cross each day off when you’re through and you can see your progress not only in your body but on your wall!
– Resistance Band, of high grade and quality (okay to use instead of dumbbells)
– Online Support to help you with the program, and to answer any of your questions about P90.
– *Bonus Gift* 6 Day Shred from Beachbody. A dramatic change to the way you look.
Where can I buy the P90 workout DVD?
Save time and money by working out at home, and also the included extras are a bonus buy. If you bought a workout video in the past you might not have saved your money as you will save money with the new P90 workout. Going to the gym costs a lot more than one P90 workout set each month for membership, you don’t have to pay extra for fuel or parking, and this is 3 months of workouts for the price of one month at the gym, or even less!
If you buy from the official Beachbody site, you will get a 30 day money back guarantee. Resellers can’t offer that, or any of the perks and special inclusions.
You can buy the new P90 from the official Beachbody site and from Amazon. For the reasonable price you will be buying the best for your fitness with a new P90 workout.
What is P90X?
P90X is an extreme 90 day workout, designed to get you ripped with muscle. It is best for people with a good level of fitness who want to see more muscle and tone on their body. People who have successfully completed the P90 can progress onto this and you should be able to keep up with the demands placed on your body.
The 90 days of working out is broken down into 3 phases of 3 week duration of challenging workouts with an additional week of recovery exercises between each phase before you step up the pace and bring it again with another 3 weeks of intensity.
If you don’t feel ready, then you can always start with the P90 and then give the P90X a shot!
Does P90X work?
If you think of how your body develops a bad posture if you sit around and don’t exercise, then think of how it will change when you give it all sorts of exercises! You can develop longer muscles, stretch out your body, build muscles, and tone your waistline!
P90X works because of the Muscle Confusion factor, the three different phases of workouts change throughout each phase, your body does not become accustomed to the workouts, so your muscles are challenged to grow. When you do a different type of physical activity than your body is used to, you will see new muscles appear that have never appeared before! It really works!
Maybe you have been trying to develop great upper body muscles, but keep doing the same workout without the results that you want. The P90X can help you, so you get the muscles you want, with the varied routines throughout the 3 different phases. You have muscle memory, well this system will make your muscles remember more, so you have more muscle!
As long as you stick out the 90 days, follow the workouts, and give it your disciplined attention and focus, it will work for you so effectively!
P90X Workout Schedule
There are 3 Phases with the P90X. The first phase is for weeks 1 to 4. Day 1 to Day 7 of each week you will have workouts as according to your plan (Classic, Doubles, Lean – more about that below) and in the first 3 weeks you will follow the structure as according to your plan.
For example: if you follow the Lean plan, in the first week you will do Core Synergistics, Cardio X, Shoulders & Arms (Ab Ripper X afterwards), Yoga X, Legs & Back (Ab Ripper X afterwards), Kenpo X, Rest or X Stretch. Then 2 weeks of the same exercises as just detailed, and then you take 7 days to do Yoga, Rest and X Stretch to allow your body to recuperate after all of that hard work the last 3 weeks, keep it up because as long as you stretch it out you will keep your muscles active and blood flowing to your whole body.
Then in the next 2 Phases you will go on to do more workouts for the next 3 weeks, following the same pattern as the first Phase with 3 weeks hitting it and 1 week to stretch and relax. So you go 3 weeks on, 1 week stretch for each Phase for 3 Phases. The schedule is already made, so you can work out as soon as you decide on your type of plan.
P90X Base vs Deluxe vs Ultimate?
All of the 3 package options have the 12 DVD’s with differing workouts, some are a step up from the P90 workouts, others are a new introduction to your body and workout routine.
The DVD workouts are all 60 minutes length unless otherwise stated as below:
1. Chest & Back – Push Ups and Pull Ups, Resistance
2. Plyometrics – Lots of Jumping, Explosive Actions, Cardio
3. Shoulders & Arms – Dumbbells / Resistance Bands
4. Yoga X – 90 minutes of Relaxation, Stretching, Balancing, Breathing
5. Legs & Back – Squats and Lunges, Pull Ups
6. Kenpo X – Whole Body, Cardio
7. X Stretch – Whole Body Stretch
8. Core Synergistics – Strengthen the Entire Core
9. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps – Push Ups, Dips, Fly’s
10. Back & Biceps – Curls, Push Ups
11. Cardio X – Cardio (not included in Classic)
12. Ab Ripper X – a 15 minute Abdo
P90X Base includes the 12 P90X workouts on DVD’s, 3 phase nutrition plan, P90X Fitness Guide. A basic starter kit for those who may have their own equipment.
P90X Deluxe includes all of the items that come with the Base package, plus Gym Quality P90X Chin-Up Bar, P90X Results and Recovery Formula, 3 Pro-Grade Resistance Bands. A good package to get your muscles moving, and to provide supplementation and support.
P90X Ultimate includes everything listed in the Deluxe and Base packages, as well as 5 P90X Plus Workouts, Tony Horton’s Power Stands, P90X Chin-Up Max. So you can workout to the extreme and get the muscular body you have always dreamed about, without needing to buy anything additionally.
P90X workout plans
The workout plan must be decided upon at the commencement of your P90X workout program.
The Classic is the plan to go with if you don’t really want a huge lot of muscle bulk, but do want more muscle than what you start with.
The Doubles plan will ensure you have muscle bulk packed on, you will get the most ripped results.
The Lean plan is for those who want to get really fit, but don’t want muscle bulk. You will be well toned instead with muscle definition.
P90X equipment needed?
• Pull Up Bar (as supplied with the Deluxe and the Ultimate)
• Resistance Bands (as supplied with the Deluxe and the Ultimate) or Dumbbells
• Yoga Mat and Yoga block
P90X vs Insanity workout
The Insanity workout is a different level of intensity to the P90X, without the need for equipment or weights. The Insanity is a 60 day workout, as compared to the 90 day workout of the P90X, with highly intensive periods of exercise in each session with quick periods of rest. Insanity challenges with Plyometrics on a high level, to create ultra fitness and muscle.
Where can I buy P90X?
From the official Beachbody website, and Amazon.